You keep me going


I dream of the  ice capped mountains
I dream of the snowy evenings
I dream of  the long walks 
and our search for the million dollar herb

I dream of yasargumba
and the money pouring in
I dream of the bright smile on your face
all because of me

Oh how I wish we were rich
Oh how I wish we had found the herb
How I wish I could make things right

I'm sorry I left,but your tears drove me away
I cant see you in a tattered blouse no more
nor see you work and toil all day

The blisters on your hands
the wounds on the sole of your feet
I cant take it no more
I'm sorry I left my love

I dream of you my love
I dream of the icy cold mornings
and the pitter patter of the rain drops

The sound of your bangles still ring in my ears
your smile is what keeps me going
I dream of you my love

I shall return my love
with a heart full of love
and a basket filled with gold

I dream of a life with no more tears
I dream of  you in Prada shoes
I dream of you covered in gold

No more tears
nor blisters nor wounds
I shall return my love
This is my promise to you



---Prabalta Rijal


Comments

Popular Posts