slain in the rain


I was driving down the lane
when I saw a little girl in pain
lying in the rain

she had blood on her hands
and was crying out in pain
she had been crying out in vain
for hours in the rain
but nobody helped
to lessen her pain

As I stopped the car
and stepped outside
I heard her plea
Help me she cried
oh help me please
before I die

My head really hurts
and no one would stop
or help, though they saw
that I had been slain
by a man so mean
in a car so fine

she trembled in pain
as I lifted  her in
she was drenched in blood
and was wet from the rain

 She lay by my side
silently, as she was drained
 and her face was stained
she had been crying
for hours in the rain

she strained really hard
to keep a strong face
and said a thank you so faint
with a smile that was all too quaint

This poor little child
had been hit
and left in the rain
for hours in pain

We drove down the lane
 to a clinic so plain
but the doctors there
didn't disdain
that she was in pain

Finally knowing
she would be fine
she closed her eyes
after hours in the rain
crying out in vain
while help was just down the lane

--By Prabalta Rijal



Comments

  1. This one is cool--- u created a lyrical picture here and for a benevolent cause. Keep it up :) 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts