Comma- A common dilemma

The Comma
Oh what a dilemma
it stops, it brakes, it pauses
yet it causes distress
as I try to clear the slate

its a bother to the eye
that cruises through the text
 it breaks my speed
like a speed breaker in the street
and slows me down
for a pause so short
that I wonder why I stopped
its formidable,alright
yet clearly unavoidable

its a hook that
that straightens out the crooks
in crookedly long sentences
yet its a common dilemma
of where to use the Comma

Read it out they say
use it as u pause
in sequences and lists
in examples and explanations
use it as you pause
don't let it cause distress
its an easy streak ,they say
that doesn't let words stray

The Comma
my only dilemma
this tiny little hook
 catches all the crooks
and jinxes my mind
every single time!

--By Prabalta Rijal





Comments

  1. u r right hooks are always a problem :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comm'n, what can I make of your hook and crook; or, the comma-rule book; over whose pages, you better have a look; the sooner, you can; sit by a brook; and, forget the crook; pause often, just focus on the hook?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top ten reasons why commas are better than full stops
    1) They allow u to pause and continue and, unlike full stops, dont end abruptly

    2) B'coz they look like hooks :)

    I will SMS all other reasons

    TC

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol...............u dont have my number,so u can mail me the reasons...:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts