The Poor Soul

You leave me locked
In a tower so tall
While you dance around
In a thrifty disguise

I work all day
And toil all year
And  the cents I make
Are all my own

I haven’t cheated nor lied
Nor conned a single soul

But, you aren’t so
You like the glow
And you call it yours
Yet you lie in dirt
And nothings yours

You wear suits  of gold
You con and cheat
And call everything yours


I aint pretty, nor nice
And I am flawed
but not disguised
there's no veil
covering my soul

You claim to love
Yet you lock me up
 I aint good enough
I cant fine dine
Or dance around
With glasses of wine

You are embarrassed
And hate being seen
Right by my side

Fore I am poor
And earn in cents
While you reap millions
Off poor souls

You walk around
With pretty girls
And wine and dine
In places so fine

Yet nothing is yours,
I lay here in the tower
Thinking, just thinking
Of the days gone by
You have reaped hurt
And sorrow, you shall sow

Fore the laws of physics
Apply to all, not just the poor
The wealthy too, shall cry
The higher you fly
The harder you fall
The sorrow you sow

Shan't reap you joy

By Prabalta Rijal

Comments

  1. This is one of the best poem of time. Joy is from sweat to live, happy is the make smile to others. Sin is making to others in tears. Living troubling to others is the hell, the illusion of living comes down like the house of cards.

    Hear touching. Keep on writing, Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts