A quaint lil angel

Shes an angel at heart
a talented  star
adorned and loved
yet her eyes are sad

She's fair and quaint
and has a smile
that lights up your days
yet shes sad,and teary eyed
with a scary story to tell

She has a mom
who wont keep her
fore this lil angel
was born with a curse
a deadly curse
that cost her father
his life.

Her mom's 
infected yet she denies it
and throws her baby out
into the streets, where
shes left all alone
with no one to call 
her own

Shes a bright kid
who is just five
she puts on a smile
to hide her pain
and disguise her fears
She holds her tears 
just to say, I'm alright
I'm HIV positive
but its alright,I can live
and have a full life

Dont hate me
learn to accept me
I have an infection
going wild
but Im alright
and will live my life

This is her message 
to her mom and
the world alike
who threw her out
and hated her
for being born
with a virus thats
running through her veins
and wont leave her
even if she cries out
its just in vain

Yet shes made to pay
a price so high
for being born
and coming to life


By Prabalta Rijal


PS-This is dedicated to all those young children who have been kicked out of their homes by their families for being born HIV positive.The last time I visited the children at *Safalta HIV Sikhchhya Sadan* Kritipur, I was in tears, there are children as small as my own daughter who have been abandoned by their families. This baby girl Im carrying was just two and a half years old. 

Its sad how people can let children suffer for the mistakes they make in their lives.Seriously, what is this world coming to?





Comments

  1. The society we live in is filled in with evil and sick people, not stating everyone but quite a few of them are in that list. They say "The country has to get better", well the country will only get better if the people are all well mannered and especially in things like this. It infuriates me whenever I see or hear things like this but what can we do? Can we do something to change it? Can we tell these people that don't punish the innocence and vulnerable ones for your mistakes? The answer for now is 'No' as we are afraid of being brave and telling the people to do. We are afraid that it may not work or they may not listen.

    Your poem has a very strong message, has a powerful meaning. I truly respect you for writing such thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts