An angel is born





It feels like just yesterday

when I looked across the OT table

to see two pretty eyes intently fixed on me


I was mesmerised at the sight

of those angelic eyes looking curiously

at me as if asking me

are you my mom?



I still remember the sheer excitement that filled me

knowing that you were mine

the urge to instantly hold you

made me lift my hands up towards you

but I couldnt move them

the nurses were still holding them down


I felt no pain nor experienced any labour

I was in heaven, everything felt so right

as they wrapped you up and placed u in a cot right beside me

It felt like an angel had been born


I can still remember the tears of joy that ran down my cheeks

as I requested the nurse nearby

to bring you closer to me


I wanted to hold you in my arms

kiss you and promise you

that I would love you all my life


But like all the good things in life

I knew I would have to wait just a wee lil longer

fore they were still stitching me up


I closed my eyes

finally at peace

knowing that when I opened them

you would be in my arms

my wait was over

when I finally became your mom.



--Prabalta Rijal






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts